Growth mindset quotes are everywhere, but what do they actually mean?
In order to understand the meaning of these growth mindset quotes, we need to first look at the concept of a growth mindset.
A growth mindset is an approach that people can use in their lives and careers. It's based on the idea that you can change yourself and your life through hard work and dedication.
If you have a “fixed” mindset, then you believe that there are some things about yourself or your abilities that cannot be changed because they come from who you are as a person.
However, if you have a “growth” mindset, then this means you believe that everything about yourself is subject to change with effort over time.
With such great benefits for how it affects our thinking patterns and behavior towards learning new skills, it’s no wonder why so many people love growth mindsets!
These positive quotes help us remember why we should always try to learn and grow.
What is a Growth Mindset?
Is growth mindset just another buzzword used to get people motivated?
Hardly. It's a thing.
But what is a growth mindset?
A growth mindset is a phrase coined by Carol Dweck, a professor at Stanford University. She did research on how people approach learning and their own growth.
People who tend to have growth mindsets believe that talents and abilities can be cultivated through hard work, good strategies for learning, mentoring, and persistence.
As opposed to those who believe that growth is fixed, people with growth mindsets are more likely to try hard even when the task seems difficult at first.
They are also likely to keep looking for new strategies to improve their performance rather than giving up quickly when they find something too challenging.
You will find the growth mindset concept in all aspects of your life such as self-improvement, education, parenting and even business growth.
The growth mindset is always there to help you see that it doesn’t matter what stage you are in your life – you can always learn more and be the best at anything if you apply yourself 100%!
Do you have a Growth Mindset?
If you have a growth mindset, then that means that you can change things about yourself. You can learn new things and be better at them.
If you have a growth mindset, then you will try your best and never give up.
If you don't feel like you resonate with that statement and don't have a growth mindset, that is ok.
A growth mindset is a way of thinking about yourself and the world that's focused on growth, learning, and improvement. This outlook focuses on personal growth that can happen through challenges and failures.
It believes that ability isn't something that's fixed, but something that grows like muscles do when you lift weights.
People with growth mindsets often focus on growth and potential, rather than things like social acceptance.
The growth mindset believes that intelligence, work ethic, and creativity can be developed through dedication and hard work.
It believes that a person's true potential is unknown and only realized through effort, persistence, and practice.
It doesn't deny the importance of natural talent or ability but instead focuses on growth.
If you believe that you can change and be better at things with growth, then you have a growth mindset.
You can learn to develop a growth mindset. There are steps you can take to make growth mindset more likely for yourself, like reading the best growth mindset quotes!
Below, we will explore 55 growth mindset quotes that will change your life. Let's do this!
What are growth mindset quotes?
Growth mindset quotes are positive quotes that reflect the growth mindset philosophy.
Whenever you hear growth mindset quotes, they are usually referring to self-improvement through hard work and learning with a desire to never stop growing.
A growth mindset quote might also be one in which someone is encouraging you to strive and be happy and to keep going.
But why growth mindset quotes?
When you read growth mindset quotes, your mind begins to change. This happens because many growth mindset quotes mention the growth of a mindset itself!
What does this mean?
It means that growth mindset quotes help you to form growth in your life and growth in your mindset. You start to learn and experience growth, which will affect you positively.
Why are growth mindset quotes effective?
Growth mindset quotes work due to the power of repetition and increasing positivity. Every time you read a growth mindset quote, you get that idea stuck in your mind more and more.
As you read down the list pin your favorites to a board on Pinterest and come back to them over and over again.
What are the 7 Growth Mindsets?
Here are examples of 7 types of Growth Mindsets you may come across.
1. Growth Mindset: I can become smarter through growth and change
2. Creativity Mindset: I can discover many different solutions to a single problem
3. Innovation Mindset: I can make my life better with new ideas and growth
4. Teamwork Mindset: I can work together to create new growth
5. Compassion Mindset: I can be a better person and develop growth in others
6. Confidence Mindset: Growth of growth is possible
7. Initiative Mindset: I have the power within me to grow and improve myself
60 Growth Mindset Quotes That will Change Your Life
1. “I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
2. “A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
3. “A skill is developed through constant practice and effort and I am always looking for an opportunity to practice.” – David Beckham
4. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'” – Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” – John Wooden
6. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” – Bruce Feirstein
7. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you're the first to hear it. It's a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don't put a ceiling on yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “The growth we desire, the expansion we seek will happen only when we push ourselves to greater heights through great effort and determination.” – Vince Lombardi
9. “The most important thing in life is having the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
10. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
11. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.” – Henry Ford
12. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” -Frank Lloyd Wright
13. “Know your worth, and then ask for it.” -Hillary Rodham Clinton
14. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”- C.S
15. “Every person who is knocked off the path of their destined growth, either by society or by some other means, suffers a level of injury.” – Robin S Sharma
16. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
17. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
18. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you are the first to hear it. It's a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don't put a ceiling on yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
19. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Kevin Ngo
21. “There are two good reasons to be scared when you start something new: the excitement of doing something that's never been done before, and the fear that it won't be good enough.” – Hugh MacLeod
22. “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” – Michelangelo
Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids
23. “You Can Do Hard Things”
24. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!”-Dr. Suess
25. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.”
26. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
27. “Every problem is a gift. Without them we wouldn’t grow.” -Tony Robbins
28. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford
Growth Mindset Quotes for Students
29. “Don't let anyone steal your dreams.”
30. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” -Derek Bok
31. “When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.”- Wayne W Dyer
32. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
33. “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.”- Mark Twain
34. “Nothing is impossible. Everything is possible.”
35. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua Marine
36. “Failure is so important. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success.” – J.K. Rowling
Growth Mindset Quotes for Women and Girls
37. “You are the master of your future, you can influence it in ways that will make you happy and successful.”- Robin S Sharma
38. “Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.”
39. “It doesn't matter if you're a girl or not, anyone can make history.”- Malala Yousafzai
40. “Women are always asking what we should “do” to be successful. It's time we stopped asking and just started doing.” -Sheryl Sandberg
41. “Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something. Not even me.”-Mellody Hobson
42. “If it is to be, it's up to me.”- Destiny's Child
Growth Mindset Quotes for Parents
43. “I love you just as you are.”
44. “The growth we desire, the expansion we seek will happen only when we push ourselves to greater heights through great effort and determination.” – Vince Lombardi
45. “You can do it!”- Dora the Explorer
46. “I believe in you.”- Winnie the Pooh
47. “You can do anything you set your mind to.”
48. “What we need is the courage to follow our hearts and intuition – to trust ourselves and each other.”- Bill Plotkin
Growth Mindset Quotes for Business
49. “When you believe in something, you can state it. When you state it, you can knock it out of the park.”- Steve Jobs
50. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” -Maya Angelou
51. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” -Pele
52. “It is growth mindsets that helped build America. People who believed they could and would! They risked everything for growth and change. It doesn't matter if you're a girl or not, anyone can make history.” – Malala Yousafzai
53. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”- Oprah Winfrey
54. “If your growth is not meeting up with your potential, then you will feel pain of some sort. Growth and Pain go hand in hand.” -Robin S Sharma
55. “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” -Thomas A. Edison
Growth Mindset Quotes- Carol Dweck
56. “People with a growth mindset do not just sit around and wait for things to happen to them. They seek growth.” – Carol Dweck
57. “The growth mindset is loving challenges and seeing them as opportunities to grow stronger.” – Carol Dweck
58. “The growth mindset is more than just learning. It's about how you relate to your abilities.” – Carol Dweck
59. “The growth mindset allows us to see our talents and abilities as things that can be developed through hard work.” – Carol Dweck
60. “I believe growth comes more from an openness to life than it does from sheer effort. People who think they can change their lives through sheer effort alone are usually people with fixed mindsets.” – Carol Dweck
What is a growth mindset motto?
Today, growth mindset mottos are a common sight. This is because growth mindset quotes have become a quick way to learn about growth mindsets.
You can find them everywhere from online posts to motivational posters at the workplace.
Here are some examples of growth mindset mottos.
Don’t let anyone steal your dreams.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
When you believe in something, you can state it. When you state it, you can knock it out of the park.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
My Favorite Growth Mindset Quote
I’ve shared a few of my favorite growth mindset quotes with you, but if there are any others that have inspired or motivated you to work on your growth mindset, please share them in the comments.
It would be great to hear from more people about what they find motivating and inspiring. What is one thing that really resonated with you? Let us know by commenting below!
Leave a Reply